Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Holiday Markets

I've been talking about doing it since I conceived Christopher Street Cookies.  This is the year I take the first step.

Christopher Street Cookies is going to be applying to two of the COOLEST NYC area holiday markets out there.(I will share which ones in another post)

In my typical fashion the second I mentally committed to going forward with the application process I've been obsessed with what cookie to bring.

I started out with a list of about 10. A variety! Peeps want choices! I started getting really fancy schmancy looking for la-di-da kinds of cookies & over complicating things in my quest for kick ass perfection.

Thank the heavens my brain has a rational side & last night that side hit the emergency stop button & reminded me that I am ONE woman and if I am too ambitious I will surly fail.

I needed to take a deep breath and be smart about this. I don't want to make this about quantity. I'm not looking to be the booth with the most variety I'm looking to be the booth that has that one item that draws the crowds and gets people talking.

I asked myself what my most requested and most popular cookie is and in a flash the answer came to me:

It's the Orgasm Cookie.  (henceforth to be knows as "the incredible cookie with the naughty name")

What is this cookie I speak of?

It's a sandwich cookie comprised of two chocolate chip cookies and dark chocolate ganache in the center.




Since I'm always looking for the edge of the clif I wanted to see what would happen if I made this cookie jumbo sized.

The results are better than I had hoped for.

5" wide and almost 7 ounces. Now THAT is a cookie!!

It is my plan to offer this cookie as an individual pre-wrapped gal right along side her little sisters which will be the more traditional sized sandwich cookies.

I will keep you all updated....

No comments: